The St. Kitts passport is the most recognized legitimate second citizenship option and one of the quickest process - as little as three months.
Available to all resident/citizens of all countries except Iran, it's the longest running second citizenship program in the world, in operation since 1984.
Purchasers making a minimum investment of US$450,000 in a unit or a villa will be entitled to apply for Citizenship of the Federation of St Kitts and Nevis.
IPD can provide turnkey services to purchase the property from a number of different developments and manage the citizenship process. Outlined below are the key steps and costs associated with the process. A far more comprehensive guide is available on request.
Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship Benefits :
. Citizenship for life for applicant and eligible family members
. The applicant is not required to reside in St Kitts
. Passports are issued to successful applicants and any eligible dependents
. Visa Free Travel to a number of counties including European Schengen Countries
. Full residency status
. Tax free status on foreign income, capital gains, gift, wealth and inheritance tax
. The right to work in St Kitts
Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship Legal and Government Fees :
Purchasers investing a minimum of USD $460,000.00 are eligible to apply for economic citizenship. In the case of plot and villa purchase, this can be granted on submission of the certificate of title to the plot, ($460,000.00 investment) together with the construction contract.
. The non-refundable fee for each adult applicant is USD$3,500.00
. The successful applicant is required to pay USD$35,000.00 for registration as a citizen
. Spouse or offspring(s) included in the application, USD$15,000.00 for the spouse, and USD$15,000.00 for each child (under 18 years or in full time education without a break)
. Children under 18 granted citizenship, retain for life
. The cost of each application form is USD$250.00
. The cost for each certificate of registration is USD$47.00.
. The cost of each passport id USD$13.00
. The fees for the licensed agent submitting the application for Citizenship by Investment vary, depending on client nationality, number in the family and individual circumstances according to the screening required. These are available on request. Legal fees will run in the range of $50,000.
NB. The applicant must agree not to sell the property for 5 years.
Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship Process :
1. Purchaser executes reservation agreement and pays reservation deposit of US$15,000.00.
2. Purchaser executes the Purchase and Sale Agreement and applies for Economic Citizenship within three (3) weeks of execution.
3. Purchaser deposits 30% of property price into escrow account.
4. Approval is given in principle, subject to the property reaching 30% completion (off plan). Funds being held in escrow are to be released to the Developer within 7 days of the completion of each stage of construction.
5. If Approval is not granted within ninety (90) days of the submission of the application, then Purchaser may opt to terminate the agreement and receives a full refund of US$15,000.00.
6. Once approval in principle is granted the balance of the purchase price funds are placed in ESCROW and released to the Developer within 7 days of the completion of each stage of construction (off plan) or in full for completed properties.
7. Passport/s issued once title is transferred (for off plan units, completion of 30% construction required).
The application process takes approximately three months. The country of residence of the applicant largely determines the time taken to obtain the due diligence report.